3 Rolex Submariner Predictions for Baselworld 2020
February 12th, 2020
Baselworld 2020 is about three months from now, and watch aficionados and fans have begun to speculate on what Rolex will introduce or discontinue.
In 1953, Rolex introduced the Submariner as the first diver’s watch, water-resistant up to 100m.
Today, the Submariner is the most reliable travelling companion for maritime lovers, reaching a depth of 300m. Ever since it debuted, the Submariner has been one of the most accessible and coveted models across the world.
However, Rolex is highly secretive about its productions. So, it is always a fun activity for Rolex lovers to predict future Rolex actions and releases based on past patterns.
There have been already many Rolex rumours about the Baselworld 2020 out there.
Today, let’s take a minute to explore some predictions on the iconic Rolex Submariner models for the famous watch fair, Baselworld 2020.
Prediction 1 – The New Calibre 3235 will power the Submariner
The fact is that Rolex has not yet upgraded the movement inside the Submariner Date models.
- The Rolex Submariner Date watches run on the Calibre 3135 movement that was introduced in 1988.
- On the contrary, Rolex has fitted the Datejust, Sea-Dweller, as well as the Yacht-Master with the latest Calibre 3235 movement.
Thus, Rolex is expected to update and release a new Submariner Date model, housing the new-generation Calibre 3235.
So, what’s more?
Watch lovers, especially Rolex aficionados, are speculating that Rolex will release yellow gold, and white gold Submariner watches at Baselworld 2020.
Prediction 2 – The Rolex Submariner “Hulk” will be discontinued
While Rolex launched the Submariner in 1953, the legendary diving watch is likely to commemorate its 70th anniversary in 2023. Now:
- It’s customary for the brand to introduce new Rolex watches for celebrating milestone anniversaries.
- For example, Rolex released the Submariner “Kermit” 50th Anniversary Edition with a green bezel insert.
Thus, the brand may slowly stop the production of the famous green Submariner “Hulk” reference 116610LV.
Eventually, it can introduce a brand-new green Submariner to celebrate the 70th birthday of the iconic diver watch.
Prediction 3 – Revival of the Rolex Submariner Serti Dial
Many Rolex models, including the sports watches such as the Daytona “Rainbow” with a sapphire bezel, achieved massive success in the present years.
However, you may not be aware that Rolex has already introduced some luxurious Submariner watches with “Serti dials” like the reference 116659SABR.
But the brand hasn’t publicised these sumptuous models.
- Previously, gem-set “Serti” dials were provided as an option on bi-tone and solid gold Submariner watches.
- The fact is that collectors typically refer the dials embellished with diamonds as “Serti dials”.
While Rolex watches with precious gemstones are currently on-trend, it won’t be surprising to see the revival of Serti Dial Submariners in Baselworld 2020.